There are four classes in our school's First Grade and each one got to put on a 10-15 minute Opera. They wrote the words themselves. And the plots. It was very creative. And informative. Here are some things we learned:
- Animals help plants survive the winter by moving the heavy snow off.
- When bunnies and cheetah girls eat too many carrots, they get tummy aches.
- Drinking Sprite will fix a tummy ache. ("Sprite has saved the day!") (Sing it!)
- Butterflies just want everyone to get along.
- If praying mantises steal the butterflies' eggs, the bees will threaten to sting them unless they return the eggs.
- Butterflies, caterpillars, and aliens like to vacation in Hawaii.
- Caterpillars can fly to Hawaii. With butterflies and aliens.
- If, while you are vacationing in Hawaii, a tree is struck by lightning and falls and breaks your pool, dogs and horses can help you fix it.
Also, some bees (named Anderson) like to keep their hands in their pockets the whole time. While rolling their ankles in and out.