So, Charity tagged me and I'm finally getting around to listing 6 things about myself:
1. Like Charity, I love to read and would also love to write a book. Unlike Charity, I've never gotten as far as 120 pages. But I have written a children's book. I am trying to get Casey's Dad to illustrate it. He's trying to get me to make thumbnails for it. I'm not even artistic enough to do that, therefore, we are at an impasse. He's a great illustrator, see The Santa Claus Book, but he's also a great artist and therefore very busy getting works ready for shows and galleries. Here's a link to his page www.stevesonger.com
2. I love to sew. Unfortunately, my sewing machine tanked. To motivate myself to lose those last ten baby pounds, I'm going to buy myself a new sewing machine as soon as I do. More unfortunately, I also love to eat sweet foods--cake, cookies, etc. These do not help in the weight loss arena. But aren't kids entitled to home baked goodies in their childhood? Don't I have an obligation to help them have a happy home life? Isn't this the only way I can cook something that ALL my children like to eat? Yes, it is.
3. I miss my wildly naturally curly hair. It was a mess, it was huge, it was me. Now that I have kind of tame hair, I still don't know what to do with it, but it's also totally blah. Wah.
4. I'm a technidiot. My sister set up this blog for me. I just learned how to get pictures off my camera since starting the blog. I like to blame my lameness on the fact that my software engineer husband can do it all so much faster, but really, I'm just lazy. Or old. Or fuddy.
5. I'm not a very social person. Maybe I'm shy, maybe I'm just very private. So why am I sharing this information? Because the people who read this are my only friends. I have to hold on to my old friends because it's hard for me to make new ones. Why do you all have to live so far away?
6. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You all know this already, but it is one of the things that most defines who I am, so I list it. On the same topic, I meant to write about the passing of our prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. He was such a great man. I will so miss his sense of humor. But he wanted to be with his wife again, and how can you grudge him that.